INTRODUCTION: God created each of us as sons and daughters to function within the Body of Christ. Therefore, we do not just belong to God but to one another, therefore it is important that we do not live in isolation because our actions are connected to the greater purpose of the body of Christ.
The Bible teaches us that God’s blessing is upon two or more who stand in agreement so that nothing will harm the body of Christ.
Christianity should be powerful.
There is power in two.
It is important who we allow to speak into our lives.
God did not only speak to Saul to get him saved, but He went to Ananias to ensure that there is an agreement and confirmation.
The Holy Spirit is a witness, and He confirms and agrees that we are saved.
But our actions affect others and therefore we need to seek counsel with leadership to confirm our work of ministry.
We need to submit to leadership. God speaks through leadership. (Amos refers to the Israelites in agreement with God.)
We need to be in agreement with leadership.
Submission is to submit even though we disagree.
Problems occur because we disagree with leadership.
CONCLUSION: God has appointed leadership above us that will help and lead us through decisions and life. When we stand in agreement with one another, we stand in agreement with the body of Christ.
- What is the purpose of the body of Christ?
- What does it mean to stand in agreement with someone?
- Is it important to stand in agreement with the body of Christ?
- Why is it important to stand in confirmation with someone?
- Referring to scripture, why do you think did God sent Saul to anoint Ananias?
- Why is it important to submit to leadership?