Persisting and Enduring
The aim of this uGroup is to help the members understand that persistence is important, and that breakthrough is possible with persistence.
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
The uGroup leader must develop his own revelation and substance around the word this will guide him/her with some thought points:
Start the message by asking the members this question:
- Who wants a breakthrough in any aspect of their life?
- How do you get a breakthrough?
- Read Luke 11:5-10
Persistence is key in this scripture.
Read them the definition of persistence and endurance:
- Continuing firmly or obstinately in a course of action despite DIFFICULTY or opposition.
- To suffer patiently.
Ask them some of these questions:
- Can anybody think of an everyday life example where persistence is required?
- Think of your own examples.
- Any examples of persistence in the Bible?
- Read Luke 18:1-10
- When do we stop persisting?
- Try to incorporate the above examples in your answer
- How long do we have to persist?
- Think of the previous examples and scriptures as well as Jesus as our ultimate example.
- How do you persist?
- Do you think it is worth it to persist?
- What do you think your reward will be if you stop persisting?
Read Romans 5:3-4
- Not to have the answer is to “suffer”.
- But it gives you character, hope and perseverance.