Winning towards your purpose.
The aim of this uGroup is to help members understand how breakthrough follows only after persisting with a confident nature and how to move towards your purpose with wins and breakthroughs. Also that God calls us to be persistent.
The story of David from being a shepherd to king. Not all the scripture needs to be read but an overview of the story.
Any welcome can be used as long as it is interactive and competitive.
The uGroup leader must develop his/her own understanding around what small wins are and what big breakthroughs are. The leader must understand purpose.
Introduce the message with:
- Do you believe that God provides windows or opportunities for breakthroughs throughout our lives and that purpose lies within all the wins and breakthroughs?
The members might argue that every win in their lives was a breakthrough. Motivate the members to think about how small wins contributed to one or more breakthroughs. Motivate them to apply this question to their personal lives. Motivate them not only to name the breakthroughs but to mention the windows of opportunities that they took or missed. Motivate them to find the purpose behind all the wins and breakthroughs.
The following argument can be used to describe wins, breakthroughs and purpose.
- David was anointed as king in front of all his brothers but he was not the king of Israel yet. That means that there is a purpose connected to him being anointed. The purpose was there to show him that he can/will become king.
- David, after being anointed, only went back to herding sheep. He fought a lion and a bear. These scenarios equal small wins. These wins were there to train him and give him understanding.
- David went on to fighting Goliath. Most people think that this was the breakthrough but this was yet another win. This win was bigger than the previous ones.
- David worked in the palace for Saul. This is another win because David was introduced to royalty and more wisdom was gained through this.
- The breakthrough came when David was finally king. The breakthrough is all the small wins adding up that leads on to the purpose.
Relevant questions that can be asked:
- Do you think that the lion, bear and Goliath was a breakthrough or a win?
- Do you think that David had persisted in the tests that was placed on his journey and why?
- Do you think that God calls us to have persistence?
Read Hebrews 10:35-36
- Do you think that faith in our purpose is important and why?
Without believing that you have a purpose you will not move towards small wins and breakthroughs.
- How can I know what to do so that I move towards the purpose with these wins?
The Holy Spirit needs to guide us in truth so that I know that what I am doing is right and profound for the kingdom of God.
- How do I persist?
Read Isaiah 40:31
Explain how to wait upon the Lord confidently and in joy because the joy is our strength as seen in Nehemiah 8:10.
Talk about the joy of the Lord that is our strength. How joy links to Isaiah 40:31 which helps us to persist so that the full reward is earned as seen in Hebrews 10:35-36.
Any songs should work.
Minister to members and pray for members so that the joy can be restored for them to persist in what they are doing.
Minister to members who feel like they do not yet understand their purpose or promise and pray that God will speak to them and move them into what they need to do.
Minister as led.