Be the light
The desired outcome is to encourage and inspire your members to stand firm on the word, to be ready to testify why they have a hope inside of them to be light in a world that feels like its falling apart.
Matthew 5:14 -17
Keep the welcome light and joyful, get them to participate in the unite way.
Invite the members for coffee before or after the church service. Let them sit with you, ask who needs a lift and get them at church.
- Why are you afraid of the dark? – Let 3 people answer the question
- What is the first thing you want to do when you walk in a dark room? – Bring light into the room/ situation
- What does light represent to you? (John 1:9, John 9:5 – Jesus said as long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world, John 8:12)
Thus Jesus is the light that is within you – Jesus represents the word of God John1:1 – with the word you gain insight that matures you so that you won’t live in darkness (ignorance)
When looking at Matthew 5:14 -17 what does this verse mean to you?
- How do you implement this in your life?
- What is stopping you from being the light to the people around you?
Lack of wisdom (lack of the word of God), 1 Peter3:15 – Sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a answer to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.
John says in John 1:8 that he is the witness of the light that will come, so as children of God we are the witnesses of that Light to the world, don’t hide that under a lamp post. Go into the world with meekness and fear and testify of the Light
- Why do you need to be a witness of the Light that is inside of you?
Acts 13:47 - for so the Lord has commanded us: ‘I have set you as a light to the Gentiles that you should be for salvation to the ends of the earth.’
“You are a messenger of the greatest news the world could ever hear. Don’t run away from the world and hide the life-changing message of your faith!” Christine Caine
Freedom – Jesus Culture
Praise over problems – Planetboom
Alleluia – Jesus Culture
Throne room – Kim walker smith
Pray for people in the uGroup
Focus on points that was risen in the discussion that the members struggle to do and pray for them for that
Let the Holy spirit guide you, give the members opportunity to function in the gifts as well