Is It Good Or Is It God
The aim of this uGroup is to help members practice their spiritual senses to discern between both good and evil.
- Genesis 3:6
- Proverbs 2:3
- Hebrews 5:14
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
The uGroup leader must develop his own revelation and substance around the word this will guide him/her with some thought points.
Introduce the message giving a perspective of discernment.
We live in a generation, where we have an overload of data, but deficiency of truth.
Discernment is both a gift and skill.
To separate and then to investigate, to recognize, then decide.
- What is discernment, and how does one discern?
Explain to them that we discern between the truth, and almost the truth. The devil comes with a dressed up lie, and not a naked lie. Therefore one must train its spiritual senses to discern.
- What different type of discernment exists?
- And between what must one discern?
1.Natural discernment : Common sense.
2. Supernatural : Holy Spirit or demonic.
3. Spiritual : right or wrong, and good and best.
Read Genesis 3:6
- Is everything that is good from God?
Eve saw that the tree was:
- Good for food.
- Pleasant to the eyes
- Desirable to make one wise.
Go deeper into this scripture, and make it applicable to how we in everyday life fall in the same trap.
You can ask the following questions:
- Where do we in our day to day walk fall in the same trap?
- How can we be more aware of the signs to not fall in the trap eve did?
- What of your past decisions looked like a beneficial option, but was not from God.
Read Prov 2:3
Before you can learn, you must yearn.
- How should we cry out for discernment?
Read Heb 5:14
How can we have our senses exercised to discern between good and evil?
Why is it important to mature in Christ?
We should all grow up and mature in Christ.
We all need a balance of The Word and the Spirit.
If you only have the word, you dry up. If you only have the spirit you blow up.
If you have the word and spirit you grow up.