Praise and Worship
Price or value
The aim of this uGroup is to help members get to a place where we understand who God is, and within that understanding, praise will flow out the abundance of our hearts.
- Revelation 4:11
- Revelation 5:12
- Psalm 40:3
- 2 Corinthians 9:15
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
Introduce the message by asking the following question:
- What does the word praise mean to you? And how does that look?
- Latin derived - meaning is the price or value of something
- Placing worth onto something
- Praise may be bestowed upon unworthy objects but a true form of praise consists of a sincere acknowledgment of a real conviction of worth.
Read the scripture in Revelation 4:11:
“You are worthy our Lord and God to receive glory and honor and power for you created all things and by your will they were created and have their being”
And Revelation 5:12:
"A loud voice they were saying: Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise"
- Why do they praise God?
- Lord my God, you are very great; you are clothed with splendor and majesty. (Psalms 104:1)
- God is Holy (Isaiah 6:3)
- He is Glorified as God (Romans 1:21) for the essence of who God is.
- His works in creation, provision, and redemption to us.
- What Happens when we praise?
- We get an understanding of His trueness, speaking truth into our circumstances. His gates open with thanksgiving and we move into His courts with praise.
- God says in His word that, “He inhabits the praises of His people.” - Psalms 22:3. God dwells close to us when we praise Him. He lives there. He looks for it.
- In the bible, it is evident that praise is a duty no less than it is a natural impulse and a delight
- To fail in this duty is to withhold from God's glory - It’s to shut your eyes to the signs of His presence.
- So how do we cultivate the spirit and habit of praise?
- Fixing your heart upon God
- Meditation on His works and ways
- Dwelling upon His unspeakable gift: Grace (2 Corinthians 9:15)
- His love
- For God is for us then who can be against us
- To learn to praise is the truest form of a Holy Joy. When we praise we allow God to move in the atmosphere we are in, it is a weapon to bring the Kingdom to earth. Praise put God's hand over your enemy.