Resurrect Dead Opportunities
The aim of this uGroup is to encourage members when they see themselves in a valley not to think they should give up. But to press in for opportunities, freedom and new hope.
It is important that you do an interactive ice breaker. Just to get the people out of their work mood.
You don't have to read the whole scripture but take certain sections and highlight them in your discussion.
You as the uGroup leader must learn the story of Ezekiel prophesying to the dead bones. Explain the story to your members in recap instead of reading the whole scripture.
Introduce the message by stating the following then by asking what do they think it means:
- In order to go up to new levels sometimes you have to go down into graves/valleys that don't look like they have potential.
- Sometimes we have to go visit the dead things in our lives. The things that hurt us, made us or broke us. Closed opportunities that we once had. We need to speak into these valleys so we can see freedom and begin with new opportunities.
The following could be relevant questions to ask:
- Why is it important to go back into the valleys sometimes?
Note: Visiting the valleys that you never once sorted out, can create freedom, new opportunities. Even give hope at new life again.
The Bones were an opportunity for Ezekiel to strengthen his faith. Before Ezekiel prophesied to the bones his response to God was "God only you know." This shows us that Ezekiel may have known the answer but wisdom overcame him and he said to God only you know.
Wisdom helps you overcome pride and leads you to ask God the right questions not to try give him the right answer.
- Do you think God was moved with Ezekiel's compassion?
- When do you believe you should go visit your valleys?
- How do you open your eyes to know when to speak into dead bones?
Focus on songs such as:
- Hillsong- New Wine
- Elevation - Here again
Search for songs that God can come in and open his peoples eyes tp their valleys of opportunity.
Pray for people that feel they have no confidence to speak into dead situation, pray for wisdom for the people who are in the valley, that God will lead them beyond the valley unto the mountain top.
Ask the Holy Spirit to minister as led as well.