Faith Over Fear
The aim of this uGroup is to help them to understand that faith is greater than fear.
The ice breaker should be engaging. Get the members off their chairs.
The uGroup leader must develop his own revelation and substance around the word this will guide him/her with some thought points
Start the message by asking the members this question:
- What is the worst storm you’ve ever been through? (not spiritually)
Read Mark 4:35-41
Ask them some of these questions:
- How did the disciples react to the storm?
- What did many of the disciples do for a living?
They were fishermen. So for them to fear, this must have been a great storm.
- Do you get frustrated in your storms when it seems as though God does not care?
- Why do you think the disciples woke Jesus up?
- Did they want Him to take cover or to calm the storm?
They were surprised that He calmed the storm. So we can deduct that they did not expect Him to calm the storm.
- In verse 41 the disciples ask each other “Who is this that even the wind obey Him?”. Ask the members to tell you a story of a time where God left them in awe.
- How would the disciples have responded if they had faith?
- Would they have awoken Him?
- Would they have trusted His presence on the boat?
- In what areas of your life are you tempted to respond with fear rather than faith?
Read 2 Tim 1:7 – “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”
Try to use songs to help the members surrender to God. Tell them that they should consider how they will react the next time they are faced with fear.
Pray for the members who struggle with fear in the midst of their storms.