God’s Perspective vs Man’s Perspective
This uGroup message aims to give uGroup members perspective. To view what they are going through, and where they are going in terms of what God had called them to. In terms of their purpose and the eternity God placed inside of them.
Isaiah 46:10 – Declaring the end from the beginning
Ephesians 2:6 – Seated in heavenly places
2 Corinthians 1:20 – His promises are yes, and Amen
For this message any fun and welcoming ice-breaker would work.
If there are new members always be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
The uGroup leader must develop his own revelation and substance around the word and core scriptures. This will simply guide him/her with some thought points.
The following could be relevant questions to ask:
- How often do we complain or make decisions based on our current lack? Especially when the storms mount, when life gets tough and when the pressure mounts.
- Do you believe God called you to great things? Do you believe you will get there?
- Are your dreams aligned to God’s call for your life, to the eternity He placed inside of you?
- Do you view your current situation in terms of your own perspective, or from God’s perspective?
The following could be relevant points to raise:
- Our perspective should change from viewing our problems in terms of our here and now, towards what we are called to. If we measure our problems against our current resources or environment, we might be dismayed. However, if we measure our problems against where we actually are, seated in heavenly places, and view our problems from His perspective (from the end where His promises have already been fulfilled) we will gain a peaceful perspective.
- Similarly, our perspective should change from viewing our objectives (what we aim to achieve with our studies / work / lives) in terms of our here and now, towards what we are called to. If we measure where we want to go with our lives, in terms of what we have now, we won’t make it very far. But, if we understand that His thoughts are higher than our thoughts (Isa. 55:8-9), that He can do infinitely more than we can imagine (Eph. 3:20), that He wants to do more than we can imagine (1 Cor. 2:9), and that His thoughts are to prosper us (Jer. 29:11), then we’ll be encouraged to change our perspectives to the wonder He called us to!
- Instead of looking at our current environment, our current resources, our current limitations, our current surroundings, we should look at our lives from God’s perspective. He declares the end from the beginning, why do we not do the same? Why do we not view our current, from where we are actually seated, in heavenly places?
- If His promises are truly yes, and Amen, shouldn’t the perspective of where I am currently, change to one where I am called to?
Choose songs wisely.
Praise – Themes we are looking for in are songs that exalt Jesus and invite the Holy Spirit.
Worship – When it comes to worship focus on God, on what His perspective is, on what He has called you to, on how small your current situations are compared to where you are seated in heavenly places.
If there are new members, remember to explain why we praise & worship in a specific manner.
Push for the Holy Spirit’s presence. Be patient if it takes time, don’t rush God’s will and presence.
Other Pointer Ideas:
All points have been addressed in the previous sections.