Solid decision making
The aim of this uGroup is to teach/help members how to make solid decisions and the importance of thinking about decisions.
It is important that you do a fun and welcoming icebreaker and get people of their seats.
The uGroup leader must develop his own revelation and substance around the word this will guide him/her with some thought points
Introduce the message by reading the scripture: John 5:30
The following could be relevant questions to ask:
- What do you think forces a decision?
- What should force a decision?
- How does God reveal His will to us?
Through His Spirit (John 16:13)
Through His word (Psalm 119:105)
- Why should we make the right decisions?
- How can we make better decisions?
Seeking godly counsel
Ask for wisdom and guidance of Holy Spirit
Measure decision against the word.
By not making an impulsive decision.
Calculate the cost of the decision.
- Can anyone give an example in the bible where a decision had to be made?
Abram and Lot (Choosing of land)
Jacob and Esau (Esau giving up his birth right)
Lot’s wife (Looking back at Sodom)
Joseph and Potiphar’s wife etc.
- What did Jesus do when He had a decision to make?
Jesus prayed before He appointed the apostles (Luke 6: 12)
Do not make permanent decisions based on a temporary need.
Ps Willbert: Just because you have two options in front of you, doesn’t make either one of them right.
Decision making is more difficult when it involves making painful choices.
Any song should work.
Other ministering as led.