Solid decision making
The aim of this uGroup is to teach/help members how to make solid decisions and the importance of thinking about decisions.
- John 5:30
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
Introduce the message by reading the scripture.
The following could be relevant questions to ask:
- What do you think forces a decision?
- What should force a decision?
- How does God reveal His will to us?
- Through His Spirit (John 16:13)
- Through His word (Psalm 119:105)
- Why should we make the right decisions?
- Proverbs 14:12
- How can we make better decisions?
- Seeking godly counsel
- Ask for wisdom and guidance of the Holy Spirit
- Measure the decision against the word.
- By not making an impulsive decision.
- Calculate the cost of the decision.
- Can anyone give an example in the bible where a decision had to be made?
- Abram and Lot (Choosing of land)
- Jacob and Esau (Esau giving up his birthright)
- Lot’s wife (Looking back at Sodom)
- Joseph and Potiphar’s wife etc.
- What did Jesus do when He had a decision to make?
- Jesus prayed before He appointed the apostles (Luke 6: 12)
- Do not make permanent decisions based on a temporary need.
- Ps Willbert: Just because you have two options in front of you, doesn’t make either one of them right.
- Decision making is more difficult when it involves making painful choices.