The aim of this uGroup is to help members and teach members that we should not be controlled by our feelings and how to manage emotions.
- Romans 8:6
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
Introduce the message by asking the following question:
- How many of you have feelings that give you trouble?
The following could be relevant questions to ask:
- What is the first thing you do when you feel emotional or if someone rubs you up the wrong way?
- Should we be controlled by our emotions?
- Feelings are subjective, they’re subject to error. God’s Word is objective meaning it is always true, no matter what you or I feel. Feelings don’t change what is true.
- What happens when we are controlled by our emotions?
- When we are controlled by emotions we leave our place of stability
- Emotions can be influence by sin
- Being controlled by emotions put us in bondage and not freedom
- Emotions want me to react instantly
- Being controlled by our emotions makes us justify how we react and not change how we react.
- Why is it important to manage my emotions?
- We are to be led by the Holy Spirit. If our emotions lead us we can’t be led by the Holy Spirit.
- To live in victory
- To make the right decisions
- To live in abundance and in the will of God.
- How do I manage my emotions?
- Stop and identify emotions
- Examine your heart to determine why you feel this certain way
- Get your answers from the Word of God on how to go about forward
- Pray and ask for the guidance of the Holy Spirit
- Share burdens with leaders