The aim of this uGroup is to help members and teach members that we should not be controlled by our feelings and how to manage emotions.
It is important that you do a fun and welcoming icebreaker and get people of their seats.
Introduce the message by asking the following question:
- How many of you have feelings that gives you trouble?
The following could be relevant questions to ask:
- What is the first thing you do when you feel emotional or if someone rubs you up the wrong way?
- Should we be controlled by our emotions?
Feelings are subjective, they’re subject to error. God’s Word is objective meaning it is always true, no matter what you or I feel. Feelings don’t change what is true.
- What happens when we are controlled by our emotions?
When we are controlled by emotions we leave our place of stability
Emotions can be influence by sin
Being controlled by emotions put us in bondage and not freedom
Emotions wants me to react instantly
Being controlled by our emotions makes us justify how we react and not change how we react.
- Why is it important to manage my emotions?
We are to be led by the Holy Spirit. If our emotions lead us we can’t be led by the Holy Spirit.
To live in victory
To make the right decisions
To live in abundance and in the will of God.
- How do I manage my emotions?
Stop and identify emotions
Examine your heart to determine why you feel this certain way
Get you answers from the Word of God on how to go about forward
Pray and ask for the guidance of the Holy Spirit
Share burdens with leaders
Any song choice can work.
Other ministering as led.