The intention of the heart.
The aim of this uGroup is to help members question/reflect on the reason why they do things and the condition of their hearts when doing it.
- Proverbs 4:23
- Hebrews 4:12
- Psalms 51:10
It is important that you do a fun and welcoming icebreaker and get people of their seats.
Introduce the message by asking the following question:
- What does the word intention mean?
- Intentions are the condition of your heart, that when acted upon leads to results.
The following could be relevant questions to ask:
- If intentions lead to results do you think it is important to make sure that your intentions are good?
Read Proverbs 4:23 to help with this question
- How can you make sure your intentions are good?
- I have bad intentions in my heart how do I deal with that?
Note: bad intentions leads to a destructive outcome. We need to deal with our hearts and make sure they are pure otherwise our lives will be filled with hurt and sorrow. Psalms 51:10
If the intention of your heart is good, you won’t give up so easily:
- Why do you work?
- Why do you study?
- Why do you go to church?
- Why do you do uGroup?