Praise and Worship
Praise and Worship
The aim of this uGroup is to guide to members what is praise and worship, why it is important, and what changes when you praise and worship.
- Acts 16:3-26
- 1 Sam 16:14-16
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
Do you think there is a difference between praise and worship?
The following could be relevant questions to ask:
- What is praise?
- Boast, brag, flash forth light, act like a madman, celebrate, dance, shout, involves music, and singing.
- E.g. that is why we jump and celebrate.
- What is worship?
- Blowing kisses to God, is an intimate expression of our love, attitude of the heart. Place of surrender.
- E.g. Bow down, kneel, (Ps 95:6) lift up hands in surrender.
- Read Acts 16:23-26
- What happens when you praise?
- Refer to scripture.
- Praise removes darkness and all limitations associated with it (like we said praise means to flash forth light)
- His light brings clarity that alters our perception and perspective, when this happens we praise from a position of authority rather than emotions.
- What happens when we worship?
- It is where we find direction and guidance
- We are inspired and changes by His awesome glory
- Where spiritual gifts is unveiled
- Purpose is found
- Where we align priorities
Note: It is important what you do in your dis-function, people are watching. Paul and Silias chose to pray and sing.
Acts 16:24 (in the scripture Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns, and everyone’s chains were loosed.)
Read 1 Sam 16:14-23 (v16 David played and Saul was made well.)
- Why do you think we sometimes struggle with praise and worship?
- What can be ways in which we worship God?
- We can worship with: (Finances, body, faith, song, deeds, fellowship, ministering the gospel etc.)