God our living water
The aim of this uGroup is to help members to turn to God for their living water and to put Him first in all they do.
- John 4:10 (Core)
- Col 3:1-15
- Matt 20:28
- James 3:11
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
Ask relevant questions at the start:
- What is the representation of the worldly water?
- What is the representation of the heavenly water in Christ?
- Why does the worldly water run out?
- What does Jesus' living water offer for us?
- Is Jesus' burden light for us? What does it consist of?
- What should we put on? Peace, Love...
- What water do you want? You cannot serve both.
The key here is to build a foundation of understanding what Jesus' living water means to us and the value of it. (Ask individuals by name to read the scriptures)
It is important here to ask questions that would cause members to go into self-reflection of their lives. To pinpoint those things that are not living water in their lives like the samaritan woman in John 4:10.