Stop looking at the wind
The aim of the uGroup is to help the members understand that the things that are against us do
not have the power to knock us down when we keep our focus on Christ.
- Matthew 14:22-33
- Psalm 91:14-16
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
Introduce the message by asking the following question:
- What do you think it means to stop looking at the wind?
Read the scripture in Matthew 14:22-33
Questions to ask the members:
- Why did Peter start to sink ?
- His focus was no longer on Jesus but on the wind.
- Do you think there would've been another outcome if Peter kept his focus on Jesus and not move his focus to the wind?
- Peter would have been able to reach Jesus on the water.
- Peter would not have started to drown
In every season in our life, there are going to be things that are against us
- Ask the members to talk about things that are an obstacle in their current season.
ex. stress from business or school etc
- Why do we tend to focus on the things that seem to have the power to overcome us rather
than The One who has already overcome?
- Sometimes it is easier to focus on the negative things that are against us and so we also give it the power to overcome us
Read the scripture Psalm 91:14-16
- Talk about the promises God makes in the scripture, that He does not want you to fail and that He
will protect you against all things that might be against you.
- The leader can conclude with the following:
- When we focus on God only then will we fully understand that the "winds" and "waves" that are against us were never made to harm us or to make us stumble but only to push us forward towards God.