The aim is for the uGroup to realize that success doesn't depend on what you have or don't have. It is dependent on what you do with what God has given you. The uGroup members need to realize that there are countless examples in the Bible proving this point.
- Judges 3:31
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
Possible questions you can ask:
- What is success in your opinion?
- How do you get to be successful?
He lived 3000 years ago, he was a farmer and he saved an entire nation. He took the farm equipment that was in his hand and he slays 600 Philistines.
The odds were against him 600:1
- What odds are against us today?
- What circumstances are we facing that are threatening to us and our family?
- What storm is coming into your life that is making you feel overwhelmed?
- Give me examples of storms in our daily living?
- Can you imagine how it must have felt to face 600 philistines?
- How would you have reacted in a situation as we have just read?
Points to discuss:
- The number one thing that Shamgar did was he started where he was.
- He was not in a powerful position, he was not in a place where big doors were open for him. He was a farmer. He was not someone wealthy, influential, and powerful. Shamgar’s resources were very limited. He was a farmer standing on his land with an ox goad when the enemy struck.
- Despise not the days of small beginnings.
- We are in the mindset of waiting until big things happen in order for us to move or do something. BUT the key to success is to start where you are. Not when things are different or you have what someone else has.
- We need to use what we have got. We always think that if I have someone believing in me or something that someone else’s has, then I will do something for God. BUT God has given you an ox goad, talent, and ability. God has already placed something in your hand.
- What did God ask Moses?
- What is in your hand? Nothing but a stick. The miracle is not in what you don’t have, but what do you have. What are your assets? Stop focusing on what you do not have.
- Shamgar had passion and enthusiasm. You don’t just fight 600 people. Your passion determines God’s timing.
- Nothing is impossible to God
Examples of people who had passion:
- Look at the woman with the issue of blood.
- Jesus' mother, Mary, at the wedding. Jesus had no intention of doing a miracle. It was His mother and her passion who caused Him to do the miracle.
Do what you can:
- What can we do?
- Focus – unclutter your life and focus. The enemy wants to give us other visions when we are focused, in order to shift our focus or make us feel overwhelmed.
- Your input will determine your output. If you get tired of the same output, what do we need to change?