Don't Hide Behind Your Why
The aim of this uGroup is to help members understand the importance of how you do things
- Matthew 25:14-30
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
Possible questions you can ask:
- What does the word intention mean?
- Do you think your intentions are good?
- Ask individual people
We all have a Why, What, and How.
Define why, what, and how.
- How does your intention link with your "why"?
- What do you think was the intention of the servant with the one talent?
- He wanted to protect the master's money.
The master said to the other 2 that doubled the talents that they are good and faithful servants.
- What did they do differently?
- Worked the talents instead of hiding it.
- How does that link to your "How"?
- The way how you do things does count. It does have an impact on the growth of your talents.
- What we do is the vehicle from taking our how to our why. For example, being a uGroup leader is my "what". This is the platform that brings my "how" (serving and giving Gospel) to my "why" (doing this for Jesus).
Your intention can be sincere, but your "how" can be sincerely wrong. Our "how' makes an impact and how we do anything is how we do everything. Work your "How", stay loyal to your "What" and be sincere in your "Why".