The aim of this uGroup is to get your members to step out into a place where they understand in what we have to place our hope in.
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
Introduce the message by asking the group to read the scripture Exodus 15:22-26
God led the Israelites out of Egypt and they went into a desert and found a place that has water, they kept on complaining. The water was bitter. Moses cried out to God. God turned their bitter water into drinkable water. The Israelites kept their eyes on their circumstances, while Moses cried to God and God responded. Moses did what the people did not do.
- What happened to the Israelites when they started to place their hope in God?
- What is wood symbolic of, (the cross) When we put our hope in Jesus he turns our bitter into sweet.
- What does it mean to have hope?
- How often do we find ourselves complaining right after God blessed us? Reflection question?
- Who do you cry out to in times of trouble?
- Romans 5:3-5 sufferings build your character, good character lead us to have hope.
- What is your attitude when you go through trials and tribulations?
- Read Lamentations, can you be patient when you go through hard times?
End off by reading Isaiah 40:28-31
“Don’t loosed your hope, hope in the Lord He will renew your strength”
Other Pointer Ideas:
It’s important to keep the conversation going, but bring it back to the word when they give their opinion. Stay on course don’t let members share to much unimportant personal experiences.