The aim of this uGroup is to help/encourage members to be hungry for God to seek His presence.
It is important that you do a fun and welcoming icebreaker and get people off their seats.
Read Matthew 5:6 as introduction.
Introduce the message by asking the following questions:
- What do you get from this passage?
- What does the word hunger/thirst mean to you?
The desire (passionate striving) for food because of lack.
Metaphorically the passionate striving (desperate desire) for moral and spiritual goodness is called hungering and thirsting after righteousness.
Note: as hunger and thirst for food and water is a necessity for physical life so hunger and thirst for righteousness is a necessity for spiritual life.
- What does the word righteousness mean to you?
- Why should I be hungry and thirst for righteousness?
- What can steal my hunger and thirst (appetite)?
- How do I desire/seek God?
- How do I remain continually hungry for Him?
One of the signs to know you are “sick” is loss of appetite.
The absence of fasting is the measure of our contentment with the absence of Christ. (John Piper)
Bill Johnson says that in the natural we are filled by eating in the spiritual we get hungry by eating. Every “taste” in the Spirit makes you want more.
Any song should work.
Pray for members that need more of God and wants to be filled.
Other ministering as led.