From a pit to a King
Learning how to be faithful in God’s plan for you when it does not look like anything.
Creating hope for others through your purpose and persevere to be moulded into the character of God’s.
Read the whole passage of scripture as introduction
The following could be relevant questions to ask:
- What do you get out of the scripture?
- If we look at our lives, where do you see that you are in a pit?
- Have you been betrayed before?
- What are your plans for the future and do you see it happening?
God will always take you through the process of building character, just like Jesus was taken through the process of expressing the character of God to His disciples. There is always a reason for God taking you through the process and you having to persevere to be able to become the king God intended you to be.
We always think that when we are in a pit or at a low in our life we are not going to make it. But the significant thing about this story is that God has shown Joseph his future and that He was with Him all the way and prospered him throughout all that he has done.
Some key pointers to think about:
- Are you handling your pit like Jesus would?
- If you don’t realise that God uses sometimes our lows in life to lift us up into places only He can, we will always be stuck.
- Joseph was then sold to the Potifar and later promoted to rule over Egypt.
- We tend to neglect the process of being cultivated into a King, because of our fleshly desires of wanting things now.
- If you trust God, He will always make sure you are safe. When going through the scriptures, Joseph was thrown into prison but was kept safe by God and even given a position to rule.
- God will never take you where your character cannot sustain you.
- Being a King is the easy part, it’s the process of becoming a King that is the difficult part.
Ephesians 5:1 (Amp)
Romans 5:3-5 (Amp)
Jeremiah 29:11 (Amp)
- Remember that God thinks highly of you.
- He has a planned everything for you ahead of time.
- God’s plans will never harm you but bring you peace and hope.
- He wants you to have the best and to be the best you can be.
- He wants you to have a future.
Praise and worship. Choose worship songs where they can surrender all to God and give him their lives through trusting Him in faith.
Pray for those who wants to give up and for those who are stuck in the mind-set of a pit. Pray for miracles and breakthroughs. Be led by the Spirit of God to prophesy and encourage through the gifts.