Doers of the word
Walking as doers of the word
The aim of this uGroup is to get your members to step out into a place where they start changing their ways to not just hear the word of God but to live the word of God
Ice breaker idea:
Ping pong catch
2 people going against one another
5 polystyrene cups per person
Use ping pong balls
Bounce the ball on the ground and try to catch the ball with a cup, when the ball is cought leave the ball in the cup place another cup on top of the first cup and try to catch another ball. Repeat till you have caught 5 balls in the 5 cups.
Introduce the message by asking the group the following:
- When you look in the mirror what do you see?
- It is possible that they will be uncomfortable with this question so make it easier by asking if they are happy with what they see or not?
- Once they answered the question ask them if there is anything that they would like to change about themselves or are they unhappy with how they look and just forget about it when they don’t see themselves in the mirror anymore?
Use James 1:22-24 to help them understand where you are going with the questions.
- How can one deceive oneself by only being a hearer of the word? - James 1:23
- How do I then show people what the word taught me?
Spirit and power
1 Corinthians 2:4
- What happens when I become a doer of the word?
2 Corinthians 3:18
The word is there to change me, to become like Paul states in Ephesians 5:1 an imitator of Christ.
You can finish the uGroup with this scripture
“Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.”” - Matthew 9:37-38 NKJV
Praise song ideas - drawing closer
Worship songs - be still
Let the Holy spirit lead you in works, the atmosphere will be in such a manner that you can pray for people that has drifted away from being like Christ
Other Pointer Ideas:
It’s important to keep the conversation going, but bring it back to the word when they give their opinion. Make sure that your members don’t feel condem but rather inspired to read the word to be a worker in the field seeking out the treasure Matthew 13:44