Being a vessel for God.
The aim of this uGroup is to help members to understand how to be a vessel for God.
2 Kings 4: 1-7
It’s important that you do a fun and welcoming icebreaker to set the people at ease.
If there are new members be careful of not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
The uGroup leader must develop his own revelation and substance around the word this will guide him/her with some thought points.
Introduce the message by asking by reading 2 Kings 4:1-7.
Ask if the members can identify the principles in this scripture that the woman understood to receive her miracle:
- She had faith
- She made herself available
- She was obedient to the prophet’s/God’s word
- She acted immediately
- She was expectant (got as many vessels as she could find.
How do we go from receiving a miracle to being a miracle? How do we become a vessel for God to use?
- We become the vessels that God’s oil (anointing/blessings) will flow through
- The prophet asked the woman what she had in her house, and that is what was used by God as a miracle. So when we want to be used by God as a vessel, the question will be, what do we already have in our possession? The Holy Spirit, the gifts of the Spirit etc.(1 Cor 12) Too many people want to be used as vessels but are waiting for something from the outside to happen or circumstances to change. But we already have the answer within as born again believers.
- The more we are willing to let the oil flow through us (the more we rely on the anointing and Spirit of God), the more the oil will be poured out by God. The flow will only stop as soon as we stop pouring.
- The same principle is applied in Malachi 3:10
“Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this,” Says the Lord of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessings that there will not be room enough to receive it.
As we give, we will receive. As we pour into other people, the more God will pour into us.
What hinders the “oil” to flow through us as vessels?
- Fear of change, people’s opinions, of failing
- Lack of confidence
- Hardened heart
We need to let the Spirit touch and soften our hearts first and stir up a hunger to be used by God. Then we need to commit to the process an become involved (Church services/uGroups/fellowship with believers), submit and learn from leadership, study the word of God and spent time in His presence (Praise and worship/prayer). Then we learn how to walk by faith and not by sight. And we grow in the anointing and gifts and ministering to people.
Choose songs wisely. The themes we are looking for is surrendering and trusting God for a miracle. That His yes, is yes and Amen, that we are to humble ourselves and supplicate ourselves to His will.
Address specific issues that have arisen during the uGroup, where members feel they do not believe God’s word over their own. Help them pray for these things.
Ministering of the infilling of the Holy Spirit can then also be done.
Other ministering as led.