Why do we fear?
The aim of this uGroup is to help members understand that God did not give us a spirit of fear. Fear is from the devil and there is no truth in him.
For the uGroup to understand that we as believers can live lives without fear.
2 Timothy 1:7
1 John 4:18
Make sure to have an interactive icebreaker! Get the people up from their chairs, so use the icebreakers on the website to help you with this.
Very important to make the icebreaker and welcome effective because this will set you up to have a successful uGroup.
If there are new members be careful of not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
The uGroup leader must develop his own revelation and substance around the word this will guide him/her with some thought points.
Introduce the message by asking the following question, what is fear and what does it mean to you?
Make sure to let the people in the uGroup understand there is no right and wrong answer here. Make it inviting that people will speak on their own and ask the people that did not say anything of what their thoughts are?
Read 2 Timothy 1:7 – Explain to the uGroup that is not the will of God for us to be afraid. His will is for us to live free from fear.
Speak about how Peter was afraid to the point that he denied Jesus three times. Because fear fill make you do things you never would have done…
- What did fear make us do in your life?
- Fear cripples our faith, makes us believe lies as if it is truth.
- How can we overcome fear? Discuss.
- 1 John 4:18 – Perfect loves drives out all fear.
- Children aren’t afraid of the dark when they are with their parents, for the reason that they know their parents care for them and LOVES them.
- If we can get the same understanding as children that our Father loves us and cares for us, will we then fear when darkness comes our way?
- It comes down to the question do we believe God loves us? Because if we can understand that we will not fear, for we are his children and He takes care of us.
- The only way to overcome fear is to spend time with the one that gives us faith. How will a child trust his parent when the little child has never even spent time with that parent?
Finish the word that saying we should spend time in God’s presence and His word because it will give us faith and then we won’t fear.
Choose songs wisely. The themes we are looking for is standing on God’s word. That His yes, is yes and Amen, that we are to humble ourselves and supplicate ourselves to His will.
Ask members who is struggling with fear and pray for them.
Ministering of the infilling of the Holy Spirit can then also be done.
Other ministering as led.
Other Pointer Ideas:
Encourage the uGroup to step out in faith believing that God is for them and not against them. Explain to the uGroup that God is fighting for us where we cannot see.