Giving everything to God
The aim of this uGroup is to create an understanding of the importance of giving everything in your life to God and not taking dreams in our own hands.
Genesis 16: 1-3
1 Peter 5:6-8
It is important that you do a fun and welcoming icebreaker and get people of their seats.
If there are new members be careful of not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
The uGroup leader must develop his own revelation and substance around the word this will guide him/her with some thought points
Introduce the message by asking the following question:
- Sometimes things in life does not always go as we want it to go e.g. let’s say the promise over your life is that you are going to preach the gospel before 1000’s of people. Or there will be no lack in your finances, you are called to a healing ministry etc. Then it either takes forever or you think it will never happen, why do you think this is so?'
Before reading the scripture just give an explanation of the pre-text and post text of this scripture about the promise to Abram before you start reading.
Read the scripture in Genesis 16:1-3
The following could be relevant questions to ask:
- Why do you think this scripture is relevant to the question why we feel that promises take too long or does not happen?
- What does it mean to give everything to God?
Read 1 Peter 5: 6-8
God can and often do work through ways that appear unlikely from a human perspective.
God’s promise to Abraham did not depend on human strength.
Abram and Sarai were still the recipients of the promise. God’s mercy is great, and His sovereign will is accomplished regardless of human frailty.
- What prevents us from giving everything to God?
Fear (people fear the outcome, because it will require change).
Confidence in our ability.
Hebrews 6:12 The heart prefers anything to do with the attitude of waiting.
- What if you once in your life took everything in your own hands, will you then miss your destiny? Did Abram and Sarai received the promise in the end?
- Does anyone have an example in their life where they tried doing something on their own and failed?
- What should we do while we wait on a promise/ anointed not yet appointed?
Choose songs wisely. The themes we are looking for is to surrender. That His yes, is yes and Amen, that we are to humble ourselves and supplicate ourselves to His will.
Address situations, where members feel they are still in control of and want to give it to Jesus. Help them pray for these things.
Other ministering as led.