Let us go to the other side
The purpose of this message is to create an understanding on how God is always faithful to His Word.
To create an understanding that God is bigger with a plan that is far bigger than what we normally see, we must believe and have faith in every circumstance
- Mark 4:35-41
- Mark 5
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
Read the whole passage of scripture as an introduction.
The following could be relevant questions to ask:
- Why did Jesus call out the lack of faith in the Disciples, even after they awoke Him?
- Would it not be a good thing to call on Jesus?
Let the members debate this theme a little, then read the scripture again from the start
- Point out what Jesus said first. “Let us go to the other side”
- So often Jesus has already told us where we will go to, only to find obstacles in the middle of the way. These obstacles cannot overcome His Word.
The uGroup leader can develop this theme further. What does faith look like?
- Faith comes by hearing the Word, there has to be a Word that I take into every storm. This is why we have to have the Word of God in our lives present and known.
- The Word can be further developed to show why they needed to go to the other side.
- Mark 5 says they went for the man who was possessed, the man was freed, and he in return testified to a whole town.
- Can you see the link between the storm and the purpose that God had sent them to do?
- The storm was not to only stop them but to stop the plans of God, we know that nothing can overcome the plans of God.
- So when we are living in His will and purpose we find safety.