The Holy Spirit
What do you do with your emptiness
Create an understanding to the importance of the constant infilling of the Holy Spirit.
- 2 Kings 4
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
Acts 2: 15
- Why would people think that those of the upper room are drunk?
- What attributes does a drunken man have with one who is filled with the Holy Spirit?
Some attributes that can be mentioned if not done so by the group:
- Drunk people will give their rent money away to buy for someone else as well (Givers)
- Drunk people can’t keep quiet
- Drunk people are always ready for a fight (Spiritual warfare)
- Drunk people irritate sober people (how irritated are you by those around you jumping, clapping, shouting)
- Drunk people do not care about other people’s opinions
Read the 2 Kings 4:1-6 as introduction
The following could be relevant questions to ask:
- What stands out in the text for you?
- Who do you think can be considered as the debt collector today
- Notice that the debt collector comes to enslave, the woman runs to someone who can set them free. Are you connected in a way that you can run to someone for help? Can someone rely on you for help?
- Elisha asks what’s in her house. Are you in a house? Do you know what you have in the house?
- What were the requirements of the vessels?
- A woman that is in debt is called to go and make more debt. This action out of faith places a demand on God to respond to the void in one’s life. With what are you filling the void that God is supposed to fill
- Notice, the value the vessels had to offer was the filling. How can you help people without anointing?
- How do you empty yourself of the wrong things?
- How do you fill yourself with the right things?
- The oil ceased when the vessel was full, how do you plan on keeping the oil moving in your life
It would be good to talk about some verses explaining salvation here:
- Matt 9:17 – Fasting can fill you (Not manipulate God but bring you in alignment with the oil)
- Luke 17:20-21 – The solution to your problems is within you
- Luke 24: 49 – Tarry until you are endowed with Power
Focus on the fact that you can only give what you have received and that we need the Holy Spirit and the anointing to effectively walk out the gospel. Even though Adam was formed, it is not until he was filled that he became alive.
An offering can be taken up here before entering into praise, the act of faith or sons that needed to participate are but a few examples of how to use this message to help others understand the principle of giving.