What is your purpose
The aim of this uGroup is to help members to believe what God has in store for you and what He has promised you. Push through anything that may cause you not to walk in your purpose.
It is important that you do a fun and welcoming icebreaker to set the people at ease.
If there are new members be careful of not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
The uGroup leader must develop his own revelation and substance around the word this will guide him/her with some thought points
Introduce the message by asking the following question:
- Do you believe you have a purpose, but it doesn’t feel like things are falling into place for your purpose to be evident?
Things are going wrong, nobody sees what I’m putting in, not good enough, I’m tired of trying, people don’t believe my dream.
Motivate the members to apply the question to their own lives. Talk about it in the uGroup.
The following argument can be used to explain the seriousness believe what God has placed on the inside of you:
Read Isaiah 55:8-10 and explain, that most of the time God will share a promise/ your purpose with you and people will think it is not true because they look at the out forward appearance and don’t see what God sees. It takes only one bad/negative statement from a friend to question what God has said to you. God’s plans for our lives are usually bigger than the plans we have for our own and it doesn’t matter what other people say you should focus on what God has promised you.
Read Jeremiah 11:11 and explain, God has already prepared your way for you and if you stay in God’s plan you will be protected
God speaks like a GPS like Pastor David usually explains it. The GPS only tells you where you need to turn and it will speak whenever you make the wrong turn. God will tell you where to go and whenever you make the wrong turn he will make sure you know you have made a wrong turn and will direct you back to where you should go.
Read Genesis 37- The Story of Joseph
Joseph was always walking in his purpose and when this got in his way, he kept going.
This story shows us that life might be difficult although we are on the right track we should just keep going.
Don’t feel that you are necessarily out of line or doing something wrong when life gets difficult - bear in mind that God might put you through difficult seasons and situations to test the your heart and your level of faith.
As Pastor David spoke about this story, he said:
- The pit season only removed what his father placed on him. But it didn't change his dream – don’t let your circumstance change the dream God has given you.
- God remove his father’s jacket so that God would place a better jacket on him. Without the pit God couldn't remove the jacket, you can only wear one jacket at a time. (which is better to wear a jacket God has given you or your fathers?)
- You might find yourself in a pit and it is sometimes like a “blessing in disguise” it is sometimes just to add to your purpose
- When you are in a pit the only option is to look up where the last think you can do is to surrender to God and give everything over to Him.
Take some time to find scriptures that are counter to the falsehoods we believe about ourselves what other people tell us, talk about it in the uGroup. If members aren’t open to talking about their issues, use examples and tell them to help you find scripture to counter what God says and what will do for them.
You might consider some of the following verses:
- Romans 8:37 – “more than conquerors”
- Jeremiah 29:11 – “thoughts to prosper you, to give you hope and a future”
- Matthew 19:26 – “though Him all things are possible”
- 1 Peter 2:9 – you are a chosen people”
- Ecclesiastes 3:1-“there is a season for everything”
- Jeremiah 32:19 – “great are your purpose”
- Read Revelation 3:8 - “when God opens a door”
Consider explaining that God opens a door (Revelation 3:8), and explain, that no man can shut the door God has opened, we often believe people’s opinion more than Gods
Consider explain that Jesus is the door (John 10) Jesus is the door, so if you need something in life such as opportunities, breakthroughs or healing – you will know where to knock after this scripture.
Consider explaining that God opens a door (Ecclesiastes 3:1), there is a season for everything, just like Joseph was in the pit God had a reason for it and it turned out for the benefit of Joseph
Choose songs wisely. The themes we are looking for is standing on your purpose. Choose songs that will tell you what God says about you and believe what says about you.
Pray for those who struggle to find their purpose and wants to give up.
Pray for those who feel like they are in their pit season.
Pray for those for who doesn’t have clarity on their purpose in life and ask God to reveal to them what their purpose is and what God want to do through them as an individual disciple of Christ.
Ministering of the infilling of the Holy Spirit can then also be done.
Other ministering as led.
Other Pointer Ideas:
You might also consider explaining that sometimes God speaks also through leader whenever you made a wrong turn. You need to discern if this person is like Joseph’s brothers who was jealous and hated him or is it God speaking through a person warning you the get back on the right path. Genesis 37:4-9