Preparing your heart (Obedience)
Work Your Ground
This uGroup is focused on getting members to realise and achieve the importance of a life completely surrendered to Christ.
To have members walk with God diligently when no one is looking.
For this message any fun and welcoming ice breaker could work.
If the group knows one another well, use the icebreaker to create a place of reflection – ie. Make the icebreaker personal, let them reflect on something they might regret, or something they want to change in their lives and why they feel this must be done.
If there are new members always be careful of not creating a space where new members feel exposed or uncomfortable
Read the whole passage of scripture as introduction
The following could be relevant questions to ask:
- What stands out in the text for you?
- What is the seed and the ground?
This scriptures talks about 4 different grounds
- We hear the word, but we don’t apply the word to our lives.
- We make it easy for the enemy to steal the word because we don't do anything with the word
- They don't have any root and they receive the seed on an emotional level, they never change, grow for a little while but then they go back to their old ways because they have no root
- Thorns of life [deceitfulness and lust and the riches] that will choke out the seed, when you worship blessings more than the one who blesses.
- Seed cannot find any space to get into the soil, other things covers up the soil
Then We have the GOOD Soil
The scripture then says:
Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.
- How have you prepared your ground and how is your ground looking right now?
- Who of you wants a harvest in your life?
- For God promise a harvest for those who have work their ground to be GOOD SOIL
- It is interesting how it was the same seed that was scattered on ground but fell on different SOIL
- That tells me we have all ground, and it is our responsibility to work that ground to prepare the soil for the seed that is coming our way
- For if we are not prepared and we don’t work our ground we will not see the potential of our seed in terms of growth.
- Some may ask, why am I not moving forward or why is things not changing in my life?
- God wants you to put in some work into your ground, to prepare your soil for his seed to penetrate and then, only then it can produce a harvest
The seed is nothing without the ground, and the ground is nothing without the seed
1 Kings 19:19-22
- Elisha was busy working, busy working his ground, preparing
- Elijah came pass and threw his mantle upon Elisha
- Some people will see it only as a piece of cloth
- Elisha recognised the mantle and saw it as a seed he was preparing for.
Music as planned
Pray for those who struggle to make time for God. Pray for the Holy Spirit to help them and for the fire to burn inside of them.