Learning how to keep your heart and head right in the midst of difficult circumstance
Create confidence and faith, that despite difficult seasons we can remain steadfast
For this message any fun and welcoming ice breaker could work.
If the group knows one another well, use the icebreaker to create a place of reflection
– ie. Make the icebreaker personal, let them reflect on something they might regret, or something they want to change in their lives and why they feel this must be done.
If there are new members always be careful of not creating a space where new members feel exposed or uncomfortable
Read the whole passage of scripture as introduction
The following could be relevant questions to ask:
- What do you get out of the scripture?
- What is your darkest valley today?
- What is your natural response in the valley?
God will always take you through the process of difficulty, just like Jesus was taken through the process of getting crucified. There is always a reason for God taking you through the process.
It is normal to have seasons where you will go through it, but I doesn’t mean you should find yourself encamped in this season:
- What do you do with the pain during this process?
- The pain is not going away if you only ignore the pain
- The pain shows you where the issue is in your life- The root of the issue gives you the pain, or in other words the pain is only the symptom
- We usually treat the pain and forget about the real problem which is causing the pain
- Don’t get used to your pain, make your pain unwelcome and make it leave you
Joshua 6 The Walls of Jericho
- Fight it again, try again, do it again.
- Walk around one more time.
- Don’t stop on six, your breakthrough might be one more time away.
- We usually give up just before the breakthrough (walls falling).
- You only stop when you don’t believe that God can do it for you!
Praise and worship. Choose worship songs where they can surrender all to God and give him their lives
Pray for those who wants to give up and for those who are stuck in the valley. Pray for miracles and breakthroughs. Be led by the Spirit of God to prophesy and encourage through the gifts.