Learning how to keep your heart and head right in the midst of a difficult circumstance
Create confidence and faith, that despite difficult seasons we can remain steadfast
- Psalm 23:1-6
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
Read the whole passage of scripture as an introduction
The following could be relevant questions to ask:
- What do you get out of the scripture?
- What is your darkest valley today?
- What is your natural response in the valley?
God will always take you through the process of difficulty, just like Jesus was taken through the process of getting crucified. There is always a reason for God taking you through the process.
It is normal to have seasons where you will go through it, but it doesn’t mean you should find yourself encamped in this season:
- What do you do with the pain during this process?
- The pain is not going away if you only ignore the pain
- The pain shows you where the issue is in your life- The root of the issue gives you the pain, or in other words the pain is only the symptom
- We usually treat the pain and forget about the real problem which is causing the pain
- Don’t get used to your pain, make your pain unwelcome and make it leave you
Joshua 6 The Walls of Jericho
- Fight it again, try again, do it again.
- Walk around one more time.
- Don’t stop at six, your breakthrough might be one more time away.
- We usually give up just before the breakthrough (walls falling).
- You only stop when you don’t believe that God can do it for you!