What you need:
- 1 banana per team
- 1 knife per team
- 1 plate per team
- Random resources like tape, toothpicks, prestick etc.
How it works:
- Divide the group into teams of approx. 3 people per team.
- Give each a banana and a knife
- On a table for everyone’s use, place the resources.
- Motivate the teams to cut the banana up as small as possible. It needs to be whole chunks
- Make them think that it is a competition.
- Once everyone has cut up the banana, look at them very seriously and ask them to rebuild and repair the banana with the resources on the table.
Moral of the story: Once you have done something harmful it is often very unlikely to repair the situation. Therefore, be conscious and diligent when making decisions.