Power of DOING
To create an understanding that one must become a doer of the word, and not simply hear the word without pertinent action.
James 1: 21-27
The ice breaker must be engaging, get the members off their chairs.
Play maybe the game called Ninja, herewith a YouTube link. https://youtu.be/PI_d0TmcLgo
Be inviting to new people, maybe a small prize to give to the winner.
The uGroup leader must develop his own revelation and substance around the word this will guide him/her with some thought points:
- Read the whole passage of scripture as introduction
- The following could be relevant questions to ask:
- What stands out in the text for you?
- What does it mean in the scripture that says someone who hears the word and not becoming a doer thereof is like someone who looks in the mirror one forgot what he saw? Answer: Looking into the mirror you see yourself, right? You see who you are, you see your identity, you see who God made you to be.
- What do you see when you look into the mirror? Make it personal.
- Gods wants to change from what we see into what He sees… I am a child of God.
- The word is likened unto a mirror, meaning we have to be in the Word of God to see our true identity. To see who He made us to be!
- How do I become a doer of the Word? “Faith comes by hearing, and hearing the word of God. Start with something small. Start by being obedient to His word in your personal live.
- Your faith and trust will grow in Him to the point that you will want to to pray for the sick because God will show you He is faithful.
- What are you going to do with this word you received?
It would be good to talk about some verses explaining salvation here:
Verses such as:
Romans 10:17 – Faith come by hearing the word of God.
Hebrews 11:6 – Without faith it is impossible to please God.
Read the situation, we want to do the sinners prayer if possible, either from the Word or after Worship.
Choose songs wisely. The themes we are looking for in praise songs is thankfulness for salvation and in Worship a focus on Jesus.
Sinners prayer is vital to create an opportunity, that people would be sure of their salvation.
Ministering of the infilling of the Holy Spirit can then also be done.
Other ministering as led.