Power of DOING
To create an understanding that one must become a doer of the word, and not simply hear the word without pertinent action.
- James 1: 21-27
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
Read the whole passage of scripture as an introduction
- The following could be relevant questions to ask:
- What stands out in the text for you?
- What does it mean in the scripture that says someone who hears the word and not becoming a doer thereof is like someone who looks in the mirror one forgot what he saw? Answer: Looking into the mirror you see yourself, right? You see who you are, you see your identity, you see who God made you to be.
- What do you see when you look into the mirror? Make it personal.
- God wants to change from what we see into what He sees… I am a child of God.
- The word is likened to a mirror, meaning we have to be in the Word of God to see our true identity. To see who He made us to be!
- How do I become a doer of the Word? “Faith comes by hearing, and hearing the word of God. Start with something small. Start by being obedient to His word in your personal life.
- Your faith and trust will grow in Him to the point that you will want to pray for the sick because God will show you He is faithful.
- What are you going to do with this word you received?
- It would be good to talk about some verses explaining salvation here:
- Romans 10:17 – Faith come by hearing the word of God.
- Hebrews 11:6 – Without faith it is impossible to please God.
Read the situation, we want to do the sinners prayer if possible, either from the Word or after Worship.