- Purity is priority
- The purpose is to clearly define and explain the importance of a pure heart before God, that the external is far outweighed by the inner man.
- Luke 11: 37- 45
- The ice breaker must be engaging, get the members off their chairs.
- Divide the uGroup into teams of 2, placing random people with each other. You don’t want people who knows each other on the same team. Then place 1 cup in the middle of the 2 team members, both of them should be 1m from the cup opposite each other. Get a table tennis ball. The team that get the ball the most times in the cup in 1-minute wins. Ball must hop 1 time or more before g0ing into the cup.
- Only 1 team at a time with a time cap of 1min per team.
- Be inviting to new people, ☆ Maybe a small prize to give to the winner.
- The uGroup leader must develop his own revelation and substance around the word this will guide him/her with some thought points
- Read the whole passage of scripture as introduction
- The following could be relevant questions to ask:
- o What stands out in the text for you?
- o What was the Pharisees idea of having a clean cup?
- o Don’t we have the same idea of thinking as them? Because before I was saved and born again I thought it is what you do that saves you. Name a couple of examples out of your own life.
- o God is showing them that it is the inside of the cup that matters, what is the inside and what do you think Jesus meant by this?
- o God is after our hearts not after our deeds…
- o God's desire for you is to know him. (John 17:3) For this eternal life that you may know Him.
- o Having a clean cup on the inside speaks about us being pure before God. By being clean on the inside automatically cleans the inside.
- o So then Christianity is not about doing things right but about being right with Him and you will automatically be doing things right.
- o How would you (uGroup) say we clean our cups?
- o It all comes down to having a relationship with Him, seeking Him and desiring more of Him, because He is the only one that can clean you.
It would be good to talk about some verses explaining salvation here: Verses such as
- 1. Matthew 6:6 – Go into you inner room.
- 2. John 17:3 – This is eternal life to know God.
Read the situation, we want to do the sinners prayer if possible, either from the Word or after Worship.
Choose songs wisely. The themes we are looking for in praise songs is thankfulness for salvation and in Worship a focus on Jesus.
Sinners prayer is vital to create an opportunity, that people would be sure of their salvation. Ministering of the infilling of the Holy Spirit can then also be done. Other ministering as led.
Other Pointer Ideas: